Followers

Monday, 18 February 2013

Valentine's Day


Hey, Lovely Readers!
Sorry for the extremely late Valentine's Day post! Thing is, I finished writing the article and uploading the pictures and BAM, the electricity went off on 14th, and it sorta ticked me off as I was running super late already! So do pardon me! :/ #shithappens haha!
Anyway, here's a little info about Valentine's Day for all my peeps here!
The most popular martyrology associated with Saint Valentine was that he was imprisoned for performing weddings for soldiers who were forbidden to marry and for ministering to Christians, who were persecuted under the Roman Empire. During his imprisonment, he is said to have healed the daughter of his jailer, Asterius. Legend states that before his execution he wrote her a letter "from your Valentine" as a farewell.
I decided to go in for a day look for a lunch date! :) 
My look here: I didn't want to go in for the clichéd RED, and opted for a crimson/orangey summery blazer. Yes, its getting warmer in India gradually but this blazer is so light weight with a very thin lining material that its almost just like a throw-on or a shrug. I paired it up with a cotton puffy cute white dress and chunky neon orange wedge heels along with some accessories to bring the look together! :) Enjoy the pictures! <3















Dress: Old buy - Bereshka
Blazer & Belt: Apparels
Clutch: MUAH
Shoes: Gift from Cousin -Thanks, Tan :)
Accessories: Assorted- Blur Designs, Colaba, Bandra
Sunglasses: Picked off the road on my trip to Mumbai to beat the heat, haha!

Had fun?
Stay tuned for More!
Much Love,
-M
xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Cool background info on the holiday, I never knew that! :) Nice Valentine's Day outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...hahaha even I wore an Orangish/Nectarine blazer to break the red-black dressing cult on Valentines Day :D

    Loved your blazer, cute dress and the wedges..and you look gorgeous Madhumita :))


    Come visit us sometime..
    xoxo
    Ankita
    http://makeupstyleandsugar.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the blazer..very feminine look.


    http://gojelloid.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really a nice blog, liked it. Keep it up...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I soo love your blog!!!
    P.S. :Your photographer is pretty amazingg :D

    ReplyDelete

Hey! :)
Feel free to pen down your thoughts!
I would love some feedback!
-Madhumita