Followers

Thursday, 25 June 2015

Haute Hippie


As many of you'll already know, "Boho" is an abbreviation of the word "Bohemian".  Boho chic dressing has been around for a while now and was always associated particularly with actress Sienna Miller and model Kate Moss in England. Designer Savannah Miller, elder sister of actress Sienna Miller, described a "real bohemian" as "someone who has the ability to appreciate beauty on a deep level, is a profound romantic, doesn't know any limits, whose world is their own creation, rather than living in a box"



Recently the Coachella Music Festival that is held every year in the Colorado Desert, made Indie, Boho or Hippie style of dressing quite a rage all over the world. Music festivals that take place all around, see hoards of attendees each time and Boho or hippie style is fairly predominant. 



Personally I'm not a very big fan of the hippie style on myself, but I think it looks great on certain people who can really carry out this particular style! But I'm always open to change and of course, the music festival vibe usually gets me into the boho phase! I wanted to do my own take on this style. Of course I went all out with the flash tattoos that I received in my Sugarbox subscription but if I had to wear this to a music festival in Pune or Mumbai, I'd probably minus the boots, the 'bindis' and the flash tattoos haha! But, Colorado or Miami, well, you know the drill! 



When I was sent this fringed bag by Vida Loca by Karishma Shah, I was really excited to use it as it differed from my usual style. With 'Fringes' reigning the current Fashion scene, I succumbed to the Fringe loving cult haha! Currently this bag is what I carry around daily and trust me, it really does spice up any outfit!!



As for the gorgeous jewelry, Medoso by Shruti Lakhotia, has some fabulous pieces which can be worn even with a pair of ripped denims and a crisp white shirt for a great fusion look or pair it up with good old traditional Indian wear! Very versatile!



Well, we should experiment while we're still young, isn't it? Let me know your views on this experimental take on Indie / Boho / Hippie Style!




Top: Forever 21
Skirt: Thrifted
Boots: American Eagle found at Pax, Mumbai
Bag: Vida Loca
Purple Earrings, Blue Ring: Medoso
Vintage Coin Ring: Bought from an Exhibition, Pune
Hand Harness: DIY-ed by Me
Flash Tattoos: Sugarbox
On My Nails: Innocent 944 by Sinful Colors
On My Lips: Indie Flick by NYX


Hope you guys enjoyed reading about this experimental look of mine!
Till next time,
Lots of Love,
-M






1 comment:

  1. wow! you look really great! fantastic set:)
    http://www.swiatwkolorzeblond.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hey! :)
Feel free to pen down your thoughts!
I would love some feedback!
-Madhumita