Followers

Friday, 10 July 2015

Perfect Imperfections


“There is nothing more rare, nor more beautiful, than a woman being unapologetically herself; comfortable in her perfect imperfection. To me, that is the true essence of beauty.” 

― Steve Maraboli, Unapologetically You: Reflections on Life and the Human Experience


What is Perfection? 
The word "perfection" derives from the Latin "perfectio" which means "to bring to an end"  thus literally means "a finishing"... something which is so good that nothing of the kind could be any better and has attained its purpose of being. 
Would you like to be Perfect? That leaves no scope to learn and mold further? 
But then again, isn't Life all about 'learning and growing' ?? 



We are all perfect in our own imperfections. Learning to celebrate our imperfections, improving with each passing minute & growing as we learn is far better than being 'Perfect', isn't it? 
We are all wonderful, beautiful wrecks. That's what connects us all -- that we're all broken and still so beautifully imperfect.



These thoughts were triggered by all the hatred I've been seeing around lately. All the haters on social media, the ones you encounter even on a daily basis, the ones who can't see someone else grow. I'm not only speaking for myself, but for many who have faced this and still continue to face it. Also, I dealt with something very recently with someone close to my heart.



Personally, I've always been sort of a 'Wild Child' - reckless, imperfect & spontaneous. I've faltered & fallen but I got up, learnt from my mistakes and moved on. No one is Perfect. Just a subtle reminder for all of us here, Learn to celebrate Imperfections! :) 















The gorgeous Flower Crown was specially handmade by Accessory Funk for me to style this look. Go check out their website for more lovely, creative handmade pieces!


Flower Crown: Accessory Funk
On My Nails: Playdate by Essie

This post was dedicated to someone special :)

Hope you enjoyed my post!
Till next time,
Lots Of Love,
-M



2 comments:

  1. Lovely Post. Which place is this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a good sense of fashion. M a Bengali too. All d best. Wats ur height?

    ReplyDelete

Hey! :)
Feel free to pen down your thoughts!
I would love some feedback!
-Madhumita