Followers

Tuesday, 13 October 2015

Creme de la Creme: Couture Du Jour



The month of October has been a favourite with me since my kiddy days. It marks the onset of all the festivities in India where we celebrate every festival with so much gusto! (PS: there are so many public holidays during this period and the celebrations go on even at my work place!! Yay!)
Today marked the first day of Dussera in India and being a Bengali this period is a very auspicious one for me and my family. Also, its one of the best excuses to get out all my Indian traditional wear and put them to good use if not over-use haha! 
Personally, I celebrate Durga Puja where for us Bengalis the celebrations begin from the sixth day onwards (known as : Shoshti) Basically, Goddess Durga, whom we worship with all our heart, returns to her mother's house after her victorious win over the Demon (known as : Mahishashur). We celebrate these four days with pomp and rejoice (not to forget: Eat the yummiest food EVER!) and basically make merry before the idol of our Goddess is immersed in water again: Visarjan (symbolising Durga's return to her husband, Shiva in the Himalayas).
I hope you enjoyed reading a little about my culture, something that is very close to my heart & very proud of too! I leave you with some pictures of this gorgeous outfit i picked to wear during one of the four days of my Durga Puja. 




Its by a designer, Nainpreet and her collection will be displayed in Pune at an exhibition tomorrow at:
Couture Du Jour 
Taj Vivanta, 
Blue Diamond, 
Koregaon Park, 
Pune-411001.




Do drop by as there will be a fabulous fashion show in the evening to keep you entertained while you shop, enjoying a glass of delicious wine! 

In case you're interested to be a part of the event or showcase your own collection, 
Contact: 
* Dheeren Jagwani: 9763777773
* Nikita Malhotra: 9922815678
* couturedujuor@gmail.com


There is a special section catering to all your Bride-To-Be requirements like Trousseau packing, clutches, wedding outfits, jewellery etc


Do you like the pictures? I shot them on my way to work today morning (Haha! Talk about Multitasking! :P) These fabulous  images were clicked by the super adorbs, Kruthika Pillai!












Outfit: Nainpreet
Heels: Intoto
Earrings, Ring: Clover Centre, Pune 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! :)
Feel free to pen down your thoughts!
I would love some feedback!
-Madhumita