Followers

Sunday, 11 October 2015

Quirk It Up: Style Icon 2015


How many of you'll follow the reigning trends blindly and how many of you'll love experimenting with your own personal style? Personally, I love experimenting, with trends, colours, styles, structures, shapes and almost everything! Quirky clothing isn't particularly my style but once in a while its a refreshing change! I love colourblocking different pieces with different colours and putting fun looks together! Experimenting with one's style and feeling confident in your own skin is a key to being a true Style Icon!



Phoenix Marketcity, Pune, has been auditioning tons of people and their entries for their annual Style Icon event. The final 30 contestants were announced yesterday, divided into three groups: Group A, Group B, Group C. These finalists will now compete for the esteemed title of Pune's Style Icon, 2015!


Here are some tips to style yourself if you are one of those lucky 30!
I wore a colourful, printed dress here, and paired it up with coloured accessories. Now, the usual, common thing that people opt for while wearing a heavily printed dress is, sticking to neutral shades for the accessories like, beige, black, nude pink, or the plain old white! I went a little quirky and experimented with the colours red and yellow to pair them - Together!! Yes, Together!!
I carried a red clutch and wore yellow heels and however weird that may sound, I was very pleased with the way the entire look turned out to be!
The trick lies in matching your accessories with any colour or colours that are already on the dress. Here, red and yellow colour influences were lesser as compared to the abundant blue and purple and so I chose to go with red and yellow. Had I chosen blue or purple it would have looked too jarring and over the top use of the colour blue / purple. So this is how I chose my accessories to match a printed, colourful dress!
Hope these tips were useful to you all! Stay tuned for more!









1 comment:

  1. Hi madhurima...
    Love your blogs and your styling tips for girls are awesome... Bt I would love it if u have something for the guys too...
    Thanks....

    ReplyDelete

Hey! :)
Feel free to pen down your thoughts!
I would love some feedback!
-Madhumita