Followers

Wednesday, 20 January 2016

Winter Sun: How to Style Overcoats


Indian winters are rarely what the rest of the people around the world would call 'COLD' !! Baring northern India of course where the temperatures drop quite substantially, enough to fish out all the pretty overcoats, thick woolen sweaters, leather jackets etc. The western region, where I live gets only comfortably cold and Pune, my city, tends to get much colder than the rest of the cities in Maharashtra. Hence the winter season is my favourite! Only because I get to wear those gorgeous coats, blazers, jackets etc!! ;)




I came across one such gorgeous overcoat on my favourite website, StalkBuyLove. It was love-at-first-sight!! Overcoat + Red = Love !! I knew I just had to get the overcoat for myself! Best Part: Its not made of a very thick fabric and so it can be worn all the year round!! Win-Win for all those living in a country like India where most of the year it's just - Hot! :|



The red overcoat has a thin satin lining making it super soft and I was sold just on the lovely 'wearable' length! It's just perfect to jazz up your dresses in winters and also keep yourself warm without looking like you're wearing a sweater knit by your great grandmom hehe! Not that I don't love those sweaters!! You should see my huge collection of handmade sweaters made with love which I cherish! 







I wanted to keep the look simple and understated so that my Red overcoat could grab all the attention it wanted! I wore a turtle neck ribbed top, white pants and threw on a silver metallic clutch from Vajor. Not to forget my Daniel Wellington watch which has become quite a staple haha! The watch just complemented my entire subtle white look owing to its white and navy striped NATO strap. Such a beauty! Don't forget to check out their website for more options in watches!





Lets take a moment to appreciate the GORGEOUS pictures taken by Kruthika Pillai !! 
Follow her on instagram on @kruthika_pillai :)




Overcoat: StalkBuyLove
Turtle-neck Top: StalkBuyLove
White Pants: Koovs
Sling Bag/Clutch: Vajor
Beanie: Roadside vendor (200/- Onlyyy!!)
Heels: Busy Bee, Pune
Pearl Necklace: The Fancy Pants Store


Hope you enjoyed reading my post!
Till next time, 
Lots of Love,
-M




1 comment:

  1. charming set:) nice coat:)
    www.swiatwkolorzeblond.com

    ReplyDelete

Hey! :)
Feel free to pen down your thoughts!
I would love some feedback!
-Madhumita