Followers

Saturday, 13 February 2016

Will You Be My Valentine?


I hate that people keep asking me whom I'm going on a 'date' with this Valentine's Day. Why do we girls HAVE to celebrate V-Day by going on a 'Date' with a boy? Does the concept of 'Love' revolve only around a partner from the opposite sex? 




Many of you all probably don't know that I was in an awesome relationship with an even more awesome person which didn't work out in my favour and he left even though I loved him immensely. This was my second relationship & probably my last one for the next couple of years! Thankfully, I've finally moved on & I'm happily single! My love, hereon is TRAVEL! ;) 



I'm working (super hard) and earning whatever I can, just to go off exploring far off places to meet different people, cultures, art, architecture, food & more! 

Will you follow me on my wanderlust journey?

Today I wanted to share a piece of my mind with my lovely readers here. Why is every Valentine's Day associated with only a 'LOVER' ?? Why can't we humans, just celebrate 'LOVE' as it is? I love my mom, my dad, my little brother & my dear pet dog. Why can't we celebrate our love for all of them too? How many of us have expressed our love for our family for their immense support in our good or bad times? How many of us have expressed our love for our close friends who have stuck by us when we were at our horrible best & weren't capable of giving any companionship at all? It's so sad that for Valentine's Day most of the stores only sell merchandise expressing love for a lover / partner and not the rest of the people who probably deserve it more?! 



I know, all this may sound pretty random , but this thought just struck me out of the blue while I was browsing some store selling cute stuff for V-Day & I couldn't help but pen down my views here for you guys. As for my Valentine's Day plan, I'm going out for an awesome Sunday Brunch with my girl pals, cooking a meal for my family at home for dinner & treating myself to an awesome spa! BINGO! Isn't that the perfect way to show your love for your friends, family & most importantly, YOURSELF? 

This gorgeous dress is one I picked up for myself from Chicwish! I've already spoken about them in my previous posts Here & Here !! Go check out the website and I bet you won't be disappointed!
My fabulous watch which happened to match my outfit is by Daniel Wellington. Check out their awesome watches Here

Pictures were shot by Kruthika Pillai of course!! Isn't her work awesome? ;)


Dress: Chicwish
Watch: Daniel Wellington
Heels: Local Boutique, Pune 

 Happy Valentine's Day, dear ones! Spend the day wisely! ;)
Hope you appreciate my thoughts!
Sorry if I offended anyone :)
Till next time,
Lots of Love,
-M







5 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you. Valentine's day is not only for dates, we should celebrate any kind of love, not only romantic love. We should treasure love we have for others....and especially love for ourselves!

    you look stunning!!!!!!! amazing dress!!!!!!!

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely true Madhu!!! This concept of Valentine is simply restricted itself in certain boundaries (I mean to say till "Lovers"..) But one should see this day from the other side of the box.. Its related to LOVE which we shared with our dear ones (family, friends n all the stuffs that we love to do) not only to "LOVER".. Ya it is but but no only for them... Simple Do what u love n love what u do.... "The Best Way To Change Is To Change The Way You Think" Anyways great work.. Keep it up...

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice blog! you looks sooooooooooooo beautifull amazing dress. i liked. thankyou for shearing this information with us
    amazon Shopping Coupon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear you are superb your story is really emotional after long time i seen a girl like whos knows the Important of relationship .

    Reading your story i feel tears in my eye tussi great hoo

    ReplyDelete

Hey! :)
Feel free to pen down your thoughts!
I would love some feedback!
-Madhumita